Wednesday, June 29, 2016

A Crazy Social Solution To A Social Dilema

A Crazy Social Solution To A Social Dilema

So I came upon this on Slashdot this morning. (I know, I know, but somehow I still do.)

The Moral Dilemma of Driverless Cars: Save The Driver or Save The Crowd?


Quote:


"Most people want to live in in a world where cars will minimize casualties," says Iyad Rahwan. "But everybody wants their own car to protect them at all costs." The result is what the researchers call a "social dilemma,"

How about a button where every time you get in your car, you have to choose what you want the car to do?

1. Minimize casualties.
2. Protect me at all costs.

You can also change your mind at any point during the ride/trip.

These decisions are then posted to all of your social media.

Multiple people in the car? Majority rules.

Crazy, I know. How do you think it would play out. How would it be gamed and how could those games be counteracted?




3 comments:

Packers And Movers Bangalore said...

Wonderful site. Lots of helpful information here. I am sending it to a few friends ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks to your effort!
Packers And Movers Bangalore
Packers And Movers Bangalore

SUMO TV said...

I would very much like to agree with the previous commenter! I find this blog really useful for my uni project. I hope to add more useful posts later. Abcya Games

Anonymous said...

I would very much like to agree with the previous commenter! I find this blog really useful for my uni project



www.golden-slot.com