Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dirty Words

Dirty Words

Creative Commons License
Dirty Words by drew Roberts is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Hey advertisers. You want to sell me something? Well, I know you think when you use words like "proprietary" and "patented" or "patent pending" that it will enhance the image of what you are selling and make it seem more desirable to me. That such words will make me want your goods more and make me want to buy them but I have a little secret for you.

Those are "dirty words" to me. They are "turn off" words. They make me want to avoid your stuff. I do appreciate you telling me the facts though so that I can more easily avoid your stuff. I would hate for your stuff to be polluted with such stuff but you not tell me about it. That would make it harder to avoid your stuff.

So, do your best to leave such out of your products and tell me about *that* and I will be more likely to buy from you.

Just some food for thought.

all the best,

drew

No comments: